SINFONIETTA CRACOVIA AT KRAKOW FILM MUSIC FESTIVAL!
INDIANA JONES: RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK — LIVE IN CONCERT
Tauron Arena Krakow
May 29, 2016, 7 PM
Ludwig Wicki – conductor
More info: www.fmf.fm
International Composition Competition ”Sinfonietta per Sinfonietta”
under the honorary patronage of Professor Krzysztof Penderecki
Orchestra of the Royal City of Krakow – Sinfonietta Cracovia is pleased to announce the International
Composition Competition ”Sinfonietta per Sinfonietta”.
The purpose of the Competition is to encourage the composition of works for the Sinfonietta Cracovia Orchestra, which will be premiered in July 2016 at the final concert of the 2nd International Sinfonietta Festival in Krakow. The deadline for submission is May 23, 2016. The results of the Competition will announced on June 6, 2016.
1. The Competition is organized by the Orchestra of the Royal City of Krakow – Sinfonietta Cracovia.
2. The aim of the Competition is to promote young composers and broaden the repertoire for string orchestra.
3. The subject of the Competition is ”Sinfonietta” for string orchestra 6-5-4-4-1, lasting between 5 and 10 minutes.
4. The submitted entry must be a new work that has not been previously published or awarded in other competitions.
5. An entrant may submit no more than two compositions.
6. Entrants must anonymously submit 3 copies of each composition (including the materials – parts) and a CD containing the electronic score (PDF format) in an envelope marked with an emblem composed of words or numbers.
7. Each entry must include also a sealed envelope bearing the same emblem, containing the person-related data and a statement based on the attachment to the Rules, which is also available at the Organizer’s website www.sinfonietta.pl
8. The Organizer reserves the right to use the scores and materials of the awarded compositions free of charge and to record the performances for archival and promotional purposes stated in the application form.
9. All entry materials must be submitted by May 23, 2016 (stamped postal date being decisive) to the following address:
Orchestra of the Royal City of Krakow – Sinfonietta Cracovia
2 Papiernicza Street
31 – 221 Krakow
with information: Composition Competition: Sinfonietta per Sinfonietta
10. The Competition Jury will comprise esteemed experts in composition.
11. Information about the prize-winners and the winning compositions will be published at the Organizer’s website www.sinfonietta.pl no later than June 6, 2016.
12. The main prize includes the premiere performance of ”Sinfonietta” at the International Sinfonietta Festival in Krakow, other performances in the 2016/2017 season and a professional video recording of the performance.
13. The Jury may decide to award more than one prize (including distinctions and special awards); and its decision is
14. All awarded scores will become the property of the Organizer. Compositions that do not win a prize can be collected at the Organizer’s office by the end of July 2016.
15. By submitting an entry the entrant agrees to the Competition Rules.
16. The Organizer reserves the right to introduce changes to the Rules, event’s schedule or to cancel the Competition due to force majeure.
Joanna Wnuk Nazarowa
More information available at: www.sinfonietta.pl, www.facebook.com/SinfoniettaCracovia
Application form – DOWNLOAD