INTERNATIONAL COMPOSITION COMPETITION
SINFONIETTA PER SINFONIETTA
HELD UNDER THE HONORARY PATRONAGE OF PROF. KRZYSZTOF
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The Organizer of the Competition is the Orchestra of the Royal Capital City of Krakow Sinfonietta Cracovia.
2. Competition is aimed to promote young composers and to broaden the repertoire for string orchestra.
3. The subject of the Competition is an original piece entitled Sinfonietta per Sinfonietta created for a string orchestra, with the score for the following ensemble formation: 6-5-4-4-1 and a duration from 5 to 10 minutes.
4. The submitted composition can be sub-titled.
5. Entry into the Competition is open to all composers under 40 years of age.
6. The submitted composition must be an original composition that has not been yet performed, awarded or published.
7. Each participant can submit no more than two compositions.
8. To enter the Composition Entrants must anonymously submit in a sealed envelope marked with an emblem consisting of words or digits:
- three copies of each composition (including the materials – parts),
- a CD containing the electronic transposition of the score (PDF format) and the
audio simulation of the composition’s sound represenation.
9. Each entry must also include a secondary sealed envelope bearing the same emblem, containing the Entrant’s personal data and a signed statement based on the Application Firm enclosed as an Attachment to the following Terms and Conditions. The above mentioned Application Form can be downloaded directly from the Organizer’s website: www.sinfonietta.pl.
10. The Organizer reserves the right to use the scores and parts of the awarded compositions free of charge and to record the performances of the awarded composition and those given the honorary mentions for archival, documentary and promotional purposes in accordance with the rules specified in the Application Form.
11. All entry materials must be submitted by 2 June 2017 (date of dispatch constituted by the postmark or the date of the registered post’a deposit slip) to the following address:
Orkiestra Stołecznego Królewskiego Miasta Krakowa Sinfonietta Cracovia
ul. Papiernicza 231-221 Kraków
with additional information: International Composition Competition „Sinfonietta per Sinfonietta”
12. The Competition’s Jury consists of recognized experts in the field of composition:
- Joanna Wnuk-Nazarowa,
- René Staar,
- Eugeniusz Knapik,
- Jerzy Kornowicz,
- Marcel Chyrzyński,
- Jurek Dybał,
- Adam Wesołowski.
13. Information about the winners and prize-awarded compositions will be published at the Organizer’s website: www.sinfonietta.pl no later than 19 June, 2017.
14. The Competition’s Prize consists of the premiere performance of the winning composition Sinfonietta per Sinfonietta at the Sinfonietta Festival at Krakow including its professional video recording and other performances of the piece during the 2017/2018 concert season.
15. All prizes, including the possible honourable mentions and special commendations will be awarded at the discretion of the Jury.
16. The decisions of the Jury are independent, final and irrevocable.
17. All awarded scores will become the property of the Organizer. All materials related to the non-winning pieces (scores and parts) can be collected at the Organizer’s office no later than end of the 29 September 2017.
18. The winners of the Competition are obliged to include the full name of the awarded composition and information about the circumstances of its creation in future published editions of the piece’s score and other compilations which may refer to the composition (e.g. Wikipedia pages): Composition created for the International Composition Competition Sinfonietta per Sinfonietta held dunder the honorary patronage of prof. Krzysztof Penderecki and organized by the Orchestra of the Royal Capital City of Krakow Sinfonietta Cracovia.
19. By submitting an entry to the Competition the Entrant unequivocally agrees to the Competition’s Terms and Conditions.
20. The Organizer reserves the right to introduce changes to the Competition’s Terms and Conditions and its schedule or to cancel the Competition due to the exceptional occurrences going beyond their control or to force majeure.
Downloadable PDF versions of both the Terms and Conditions and the Application Form will be uploaded shortly.